Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chance Made Us Sisters, Hearts Made Us Friends






Teddy bears, doll and dress up clothes,

The time went by so fast;

Tea parties filled with giggling girls,

Sweet memories from the past.

You were always there beside me,

As we grew up through the years;

You shared my sorrow and joys,

My laughter and my tears.

There's something God has given me,

A gift so sweet and rare;

A love for my sister deep in my heart,

And a friend who will always be there.

There is no friend like a sister,

There's no one more loyal and true.

And even when sisters are different,

Their likeness comes shining through!

Perhaps it's a family resemblance,

That strengthens the bond they share.

Or maybe it's just that sisters,

Live life with a similar flair.

A sister remembers your childhood.

She knows more than you will admit.

Often times you were Little Miss Perfect,

And times you... I gave others a fit! ;)

She's seen you in some situations

When silence just wouldn't suffice.

And managed somehow to get by with

Those sisterly words of advice!

And when some encouragement is needed,

A sister will always be there.

To listen...

To laugh...

Or to lean on...

To comfort, or simply to care.

There's no one who's more in you corner,

And no one you're more grateful to.

There's no better friend than a sister,

And no better sister than you!

A Very Special Sister

For many years we've shared our lives,

One roof we once lived under.

Sometimes we laughed, sometimes we cried,

Through winter storms and thunder.

The younger years have faded fast,

We've gone our separate ways.

But through all time our friendship lasts,

Our bond in life remains.

As summer brings the happy times,

The autumn winds will whisper.

A closer friend I'd never find,

Than the one I call my Sister.

~Author Unknown


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it....