Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy 60th Birthday

There is a party going on right now ~ but, sadly, we can't be there. 

My father-in-law would have been 60 years old today and he's been celebrating with Jesus.



On August 5th, 2008, we all had to say goodbye.  Not forever, just for a little while.  It still seems unreal to me that he isn't here to give his children and grandchildren a hug, to give his in-laws a hard time :), to tease the boys about the He-Man Woman Haters Club, to cop talk, dress in Class A uniform, drive his car around the streets of Orleans, and have coffee with the guys at Shell. It seems like I should still hear his voice coming across the scanner.  Or see him smiling when he was up to something......and you knew when he was.



I remember vividly scenes from Christmas, birthdays, special ocassions.....all the laughter.  And of course, his peanut butter fudge (I still can't get it right). 




He had a story for everything.  He was a great man.  I'm proud to have worked with him, to have called him my father-in-law, to have called him my friend.  He was someone I know, without a doubt, anyone could call on and he would have been there.  He was just that way.  You've heard God only takes the best.  Very true in this case.  He was way too young, he had more living to do.........but I guess God knew better.  Ed isn't hurting anymore, cancer can't make him sick or harm him any longer.  He's living the good life and reaping the rewards. 

We love you Ed!  Happy Birthday.


No comments: